Magazine School District Teacher of the Year
The classroom teacher is the backbone of the American education system. No one person has a greater impact on the education of a child than does the teacher who creates the primary learning and instructional environment. Magazine School District is blessed to have some wonderful teachers that unconditionally give of themselves in order to better our student’s lives. This year we will recognize one outstanding teacher that epitomizes what it means to be a Rattler. Once selected Magazine Teacher of the Year will be eligible for regional, state and/or national Teacher of the Year honors.
The National Teacher of the Year (NTOY) program, which is a project of the Council of Chief State School Officers in partnership with the Voya Foundation and People to People Ambassador Programs, began in 1952. The NTOY program continues as the oldest, most prestigious national honors program that focuses public attention on excellence in teaching.
As part of the NTOY program, the Arkansas Teacher of Year (ATOY) program identifies, recognizes and utilizes representatives of excellent teaching in the elementary and secondary classrooms in Arkansas public schools. The mission of the ATOY program is to promote the profession and recognize quality teachers who implement "best practices" in Arkansas public school classrooms.
The following are requirements in order to be selected as the Magazine Teacher of the Year:
- taught in Magazine a minimum of five years;
- engaged directly in instruction in a classroom setting for more than 70 percent of the individual’s contracted time.
- be an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled teacher;
- inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- play an active and useful role in the community and school;
- be an expert in their field that guides and inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- foster a school culture of respect and success in collaboration with colleagues, students and families;
- demonstrate leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning;
- be poised, articulate and possess the energy to withstand a taxing schedule.
Nominations for teacher of the year are now being accepted. To nominate a Magazine School District teacher please visit our website and fill out the nomination form and submit to Dr. Beth Shumate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 485 E. Priddy St. Magazine AR 72943. Applications will be accepted until March 11, 2020. Nominees will be notified and asked to submit a nominee application packet. The Teacher of the Year Committee, will review all applicants and make a final determination no later than Thursday, April 9, 2019.
Application ---> Teacher of the Year Nomination Application