As other schools started their year this week we now have 15 learning days behind us. I can say with full confidence that it has been a great week and without a doubt it has been hot. Here are a few highlights that I want to make sure and share.
1. Some of our students on the "cow" bus have been showing off their Rattler Pride, by helping others. Two of the students that ride that route "just wanted to show kindness and not have another student sit by themselves." These students decided that they would make sure that others always had a friend to talk too. What a great example of what it means to be a Rattler. Kindness Matters!
2. UAMS Healthy Now program had its kickoff today for all 5th-8th grade students. They provided a health fair with water bottles and the kids had a great time working on teamwork with the Super Big Bouncy Ball. UAMS will be providing a weekly nutrition and physical activity challenge for the rest of the year. Be watching for more to come on this as we see how much competitive spirit is in the adults.
3. One of our new teachers has students hanging on every word with her Russian Science professor accent. Students are learning about constraints, fair tests, and other engineering practices that will help them to create a hearing device. Great job by one of our newest staff members.
4. Our coaches and teachers have done a fantastic job while it is so hot outside. Please understand that the Arkansas Athletic Association (AAA) rules state that none of our students should be outside doing physical activities when heat indexes are at 104 degrees or above. Thank you teachers, coaches and administrators for keeping our kids safe.
5. Senior High Cheerleaders were up early to make sure that every elementary student was greeted with a hello and a smile no matter if they rode the bus or were in the car line. Elementary students loved seeing them!
Keep watching because more great things are coming to Rattler Nation! #RattlerPride