Week 2 has been great! This year is well underway and everyone seems to be getting into a routine. In order to make sure that we all know what is going on in the district below are just a few of the highlights.
1. There have been many great lessons going on in the classrooms this week. Our teachers make sure that students are taught not just academics but real-world skills. For example, one lesson, allowed students to evaluate and analyze a vehicle. Students comparing things such as buying a car, repair cost for transmission, mileage (usage of the vehicle), new vs. used, repair vs purchase of another, repair shop vs. doing it yourself. This is a great example of how we prepare students for things they will all use in their future.
2. Have you seen the new Rattlermobile (SRO/Police truck)? Wow, it really shows our Rattle Pride. Thank you city of Magazine for the purchase of the new truck, and Officer Rogers for your continued efforts to keep us safe.
3. Thanks to Ray Forst and Blake Russell for picking up additional school supplies from the United Way Fort Smith, for our students. It really helped to make this week even better
4. Our school board met Thursday night. They heard about a grant that was received by the district as well as received a preliminary six-year School Safety Plan. When you see them thank them for their service and commitment to keeping our students safe while helping them reach their brightest future.
5. Our students are already achieving amazing things. Many of our elementary students were chosen as August Students of the Month for their good behavior. Max Greb was named an FFA Poultry Productions NATIONAL finalist, and we have had several students score in the 30s on their ACT.
Great things are happening in Rattler Nation!