We made it! Week 1 is in the books. I wanted to give all of you an update on things that I saw happening around the district this week. Below just a few of the great things happening in Rattler Nation the first week of school.
1. Our cafeteria staff had some setbacks with equipment on Monday but they really pulled together and made this week great. We are all very thankful for their hard work!
2. Elementary car lines ran so smoothly this week. I wasn't sure if we would all make it on Wednesday, many of our kids were asleep when they got to school, but the kids did a great job holding it together and learned a lot of new things. I even got the opportunity to hear a couple of first graders read! It was very impressive.
3. Bus drivers did a fantastic job getting everyone where they needed to go. Thanks to Bucky Chappell for transporting some that missed their first opportunity off the bus. They loved riding in the golf cart.
4. Kindness was everywhere this week! Everyone really exhibited what it meant to be a family. New students felt accepted by other students and we all pulled together to help our kids who were upset being away from Mom and Dad. You called them all by name and it was noticed. I saw lots of hugs and smiles all week!
5. Our maintenance and janitorial staff hit a home run this week having everything ready. The buildings were so clean! I even saw one of our staff members on the roof this morning working.
But the most important thing that happened this week is that we got to spend it helping to shape the future, and to love on our kids. I don't know much that could beat that!